Our enterprise client has a contract to perm opening for an experienced SCCM Senior Engineer.
Responsible for the day to day operational escalation, hands-on engineering, and support of client's SCCM environment. This individual will be a driver for Everest's Microsoft Windows Operating system. The role requires Windows Operating Systems which may include desktop hardware and software, data architectures, operating systems, Active Directory, and servers. This position also requires experience with SCCM and WSUS for patching the Windows operating system.
location: LIBERTY CORNER, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Principal Accountabilities & Duties:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day administration, planning, and problem-solving for the MS Windows environment.
- Identify inefficiencies, gaps, and issues, and drive the analysis and documentation of technical requirements for enterprise MS Windows architecture, guiding adoption of and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Experience implementing, migrating, maintaining, and supporting technologies for Windows
- Organize and coordinate the activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade or repairs to software and hardware.
- Experience with SCCM and WSUS for patching
- In-depth experience with SCCM and WSUS for Patching including reporting and proactive maintenance.
- Perform software distribution and patch management to Windows servers onsite as well as AWS
- Provide functional and technical written evaluations of products and operating system upgrades and patches
- Perform 3rd level support, identifying root cause with strategic solutions to problems
- Utilization of change management/change control processes and procedures
- Manage application package creations, and deliveries through SCCM
- Support the Operating System (OS) patching infrastructure such as WSUS as it applies to mandatory security updates to the enterprise in addition to offering recommendations for improving/enhancing the current software distribution processes and procedures
- Provide effective technical documentation to communicate procedures and developments to other IT personnel
- Create, manage and administer: SCCM OSD
- Perform routine software updates to enhance functionalities and security
- Communicate with customers from problem identification through problem resolutions regarding technical support
- Evaluates desktop/ software and hardware technologies and determines how they can best be effectively integrated into the customer's environment.
- Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains Group Policy Objects (GPOs) in Microsoft Active Directory (AD) for end-user devices which implement STIG and other device and account controls.
- Develops, tests, and deploys desktop/ images including applications and GPO updates. * Designs and integrates new software and hardware into the customer's environment.
- Manages anti-virus and malware detection, analysis, and remediation. This includes providing installation, configuration, and support for anti-virus and anti-malware software tools.
- Manages Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools for the desktop environment, including installation, configuration, and support for DLP tools.
- Can work independently and as part of a larger team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Network Engineer
- Design Engineer
- System Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.