Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! We have a great campus in Grand Rapids, cafes and cafeterias onsite and the opportunity to become a permanent member of the team....Apply Today!
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 62 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Great opportunity. Project is just beginning so get in on the ground floor / greenfield.
As the project is new, this Android Developer will work closely with other developers to implement maintainable and efficient code, and apply industry best practices as needed throughout the process. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to design and architecture decisions
- A self-starter, able to find opportunities to add value and execute solutions.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and issues and apply that knowledge to app development.
- Take ownership of your work Requirements:
- 5+ years of Android development experience with Google Play presence
- In-depth knowledge of Android SDK features and material design
- The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience implementing MVVM pattern.
- strong Kotlin experience is required.
- Experience working in complex applications with 100s of complex views and auto layouts.
- strong understanding of how to consume data from restful APIs in code.
- Experience implementing Dagger2, RxJava, Retrofit in projects.
- Experience working with complex data models and maintaining clean architecture.
- Experience writing unit testing and experience with UI testing using Espresso, Appium or similar
- Good understanding of oAuth2 and how to work with user tokens.
- Write maintainable code in a functional style
- Work productively in a diverse and dynamic/agile environment
- Excellent communication skills Must have:
- Google Play presence (App URLs)
- Experience in Android SDK and UI design
- Kotlin is a must, hands on in Java
- Experience implementing MVVM pattern
- Experience writing unit tests
- RestAPI integration to consume data, Dagger2, RxJava, Retrofit
- Experience working in complex Android application with complex views and datasets Nice to have:
- Past experience in Shopping (eCommerce) app
- strong understanding of Dependency Injection.
- Azure DevOps and CICD experience
- Experience testing APIs using Postman or similar tool
- Experience building SDK (reusable library).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Mobile Android (2 years of experience is required)
- Android (2 years of experience is required)
- UI (2 years of experience is preferred)
- DEVELOPER (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Rest API (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Android Development (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.