Takes day-to-day direction from assigned Product Leader/Owner to lead technical workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Operates as a key member of the team/squad to resolve and makes decisions on more complex, nonroutine service requests with limited to moderate risk. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of applications to meet current and future user requirements. Defines and creates the next generation of solutions to drive value. Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints. Creates solutions that serve our business leveraging current and leading-edge technologies in an innovative and impactful manner.
location: BETHESDA, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- 8+ years' experience in software design and development with expert level expertise i n multiple programming languages/frameworks like Spring WebFlux, Play/Akka
- 5+ years hands-on experience with application development tools and content management systems.
- 2+ years hands on experience with one or more of search tools/platforms like Solr, Elasticsearch, Endeca, Lucidworks Fusion, Azure search etc.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification Preferred:
- Experience in waterfall and/or agile software methodologies
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Dynatrace
- Experience building microservices using reactive frameworks like Spring Webflux and/or Play/Akka
- Well versed with Front end technologies like jQuery, Handlebars and React.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and leading in a managed service environment CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Technical Leadership
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Provides financial input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes. Delivering Technology
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects.
- Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
- Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
- Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure teams for deployment and production support activities IT Governance
- Follows all defined IT standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Follows the defined project management standards and processes Service Provider Management
- Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
- Monitors Service Provider outcomes
- Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
- Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Spring WebFlux
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.