The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in animation and proven experience developing runtime animation frameworks for human and bipedal characters that are focused around gameplay-driven locomotion and combat. Responsibilities include developing runtime animation graphs, character rigs, pipeline tools, defining best practices, and working across disciplines to implement high-quality, genre-leading character animation in Unreal Engine 5.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with Lead Animator, Lead Technical Artist, Art Director and Technical Art Director to establish and maintain a high quality bar for runtime animation.
- Share responsibility with the gameplay programming team for prototyping and developing final-quality Unreal Engine animation blueprints that bring locomotion game code to life, with grounded and fluid visuals that function in a high-latency, networked game environment.
- Work with the Technical Art Team to create custom tools and pipelines to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team.
- Make sure everything works with customizable player characters and armor systems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Unreal Engine
- motion capture data
- character rigging
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.