job summary: Scrum Master 1
Will support 2 Eagle teams - one around portfolio data and one around performance data
Want someone with:
- Eagle experience preferred, portfolio accounting or performance systems experience otherwise
- Scrum master experience at an asset management company
- It's okay if they are a scrum master/PM type person - I know we typically don't request that but for this role some PM experience would be helpful
Working directly with the Scrum team and product owner, the Scrum Master will support and facilitate the continual delivery of technical solutions and business value. You will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of a project/backlog including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts, including budget/burn rate tracking. You will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
As a dependency to project success, the Scrum Master will follow and champion Agile best practices and guideline as defined by the company. The Scrum Master will participate in, and provide input to, the ongoing efforts to improve efficiency of the Technology group and Agile function.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Principal Responsibilities
- Further business value to the company by guiding the agile team on Agile practices and values.
- Build strong relationships with business divisions and departments across the company globally; build a trusting environment where issues are raised with an emphasis on correcting and problem-solving. Champions collaborative discussion, decision-making and problem-solving in support of assigned initiatives.
- Track and publish prescribed team metrics leveraging JIRA or other tool capabilities to allow for transparent visualization of project execution.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings ensuring correct use of scrum process.
- Facilitate the completion of assignments efficiently and without dictating work.
- Plan and create roadmaps with the Product Owner.
- Forecast the numbers of deliverables that are possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Coach the team in Agile practices and mindset.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove its own impediments.
- Monitor project budget and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with internal and external communication to ensure transparency with the team, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Actively identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient.
- Conduct retrospectives to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.