Seeking an experienced LAN and WAN Network Engineer. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment supporting a global enterprise network with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
Responsibilities will also include responding to users requests for new phones, changes or repairs to existing phones and corresponding voice mail boxes. Dispatching technicians for MACs or repairs. Monitoring work order queue for open tickets, updating tickets, reassigning tickets and ticket closures all within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes. Will be expected to communicate and deal effectively with customers and fully understand their requests, requirements or problems. Will require collaboration skills for interacting with other Network Telecom Admins and Network Engineers daily.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification
- Two of the following four certifications: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP
- Proficient in the OSI reference model and TCP/IP
- Process-oriented and able to work as a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, and Excel
- Some Linux knowledge
- Some Automation knowledge (Python, TCL, Shell)
- Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
- Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Knowledgeable in one or more: Aruba/Cisco LAN/WLAN, F5 load balancers, Infoblox DNS, Aruba/Cisco wireless, Pal Alto/ Juniper firewall, supporting data center virtualization
- Familiarity with SDWAN design, implementation and/or support
- Experience supporting networks in government and defense industry
- Knowledge of data center networking utilizing the Nexus product line
- Knowledge of networking with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, cloud providers, etc)
- Knowledge of the Nexus series and Catalyst 68xx
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Familiar with cabling standards such as Cat-6, Twin axial, and fiber.
- Familiar with the IP/TCP protocol suite including packets and frame headers.
- Understands and can employ layer-2 protocols to include but not limited to: spanning-tree, VLAN tagging, link-aggregation, address resolution protocol, and CDP/LLDP.
- Understands and can employ layer-3 and gateway protocols such as HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Familiar with network policy constructs such as quality of service, route maps, access control lists, and prefix lists.
- Know network management tools and protocols including simple network management protocol (SNMP), logging/syslog, IP accounting, authentication/authorization/accounting (AAA), IP-flow, and NTP.
- Able to interpret Wireshark files.
- Able to analyze problems, perform troubleshooting, and respond to incidents in accordance with service level agreements (SLA)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- switches and routers
- Network Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.