job summary: Description
We are looking for a Structured Cabling Engineer to design structured cabling systems for Client and international non-store sites including Home Office locations, Distribution Centers, Buying Offices, Regional Offices and Shipping Centers. Using knowledge of industry best practices and standards, project management skills and hands-on cabling experience will ensure the installation of a Structured Cabling System that will support the network requirements of these facilities. The Skills that will Make You Successful
- Experience designing structured cabling systems for office space and distribution centers from small sites to sites as large as 2.5M square feet.
- Knowledge of UPS and PDU power systems for small and large communications rooms.
- Experience working with Tele/Data, Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical drawings.
- Experience developing RFPs which includes working with internal and external partners documenting requirements, work with consultants to create drawings and select contractors to bid on projects.
- Project Management experience to implement the cabling installation with the trades; the internal team & 3rd party contractors. This includes creating timelines, tracking milestones and costs. Must provide accurate documentation including minutes, issue logs and other reporting documents.
- Knowledge of industry standards (BICSI, TIA, NEC).
- Knowledge of Agile/SAFE program
- Experience using online incident ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
- Off-hour and weekend availability
- MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Excel, Confluence and Jira experience
- strong communication skills
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Evaluate products and services from distributors, manufacturers and contractors.
- Network equipment configuration & troubleshooting (smart hands).
- Address incidents, install requests and moves, adds and changes
- strong attention to detail to evaluate bids and analyze costs. Work with Global Sourcing and Procurement to negotiate and finalize Statement of Work (SoW).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.