We are looking for a Senior Java Developer. This is a highly technical and challenging position, and will be working with the Java Development Team Lead on the Customer Processing & Repository applications (CPR) and the Mobius Repository applications. Other areas of involvement may include providing web services to other departments. Development responsibilities will encompass new logic/features, enhancements, and bug fixes/support.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Work with users to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements. Responsible for implementing approved architecture design.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Provide off hour support for critical application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel may be required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- JAVA DEVELOPER
- JAVA PROGRAMMER
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Web Services
- J2EE DEVELOPER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.