Sr. Solution Architect, Cloud Architecture
The Sr. Solution Architect, Cloud Architecture
has a strong understanding of public cloud industry trends as well as solution best practices. This role researches, designs, and delivers solution architectures based on the needs of the business. In addition, this position serves as the primary Infrastructure point of contact for designing the architecture of new solutions and proof of concepts in the cloud. This role plays an influential role in the migration from on-premises to Azure cloud architecture.
location: EXTON, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In partnership with leaders (Infrastructure heads and Cloud Solution peer(s)), leads cloud offering architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment.
- Supports management in leading the effort to provide input on proposals including feasibility, practicality, technical viability, consistency & solution costs.
- Drives requirements for integrating cloud capabilities and scenarios supporting the service, including service availability, quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost-efficient solution architecture.
- Provides technical guidance regarding performance, scalability, security, design, and implementation of cloud services.
- Supports management in implementing next generation network infrastructure leveraging Azure WAN.
- Leads feasibility assessments for proposed service implementations or changes.
- Develops and publishes standardized ARM templates to automate the creation of cloud resources that comply with company standards.
- Takes an active role in developing the organizations cloud skill, including coaching, mentoring and socialization.
- Experience with
- source control and code management tools like VSTS, GitHub, and Bitbucket
- designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in the Cloud
- building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications using web and database technologies
- designing, testing and implementing cloud architecture using both IaaS and PaaS resources
- designing and securing virtual networking
- creating and implementing custom Azure roles based on the needs of the company
- Understanding of
- networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and routing in distributed networks
- core security principles and how to apply them in a cloud environment
- general application architectures
- automation technologies such as PowerShell, Azure ARM, Python, and Ansible
- strong background in Windows and/or Linux administration
- Preferred but not required:
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of Sitecore in the Cloud
- Able to comply with the company's safety and quality policies at all times
Education and Experience:
- Willingness to travel globally - up to 25% travel, including global travel once pandemic subsides
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred but not required: Agile & Scrum Certification, ITIL
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.