As the NPI (New Product Introduction) Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring procurement of goods and services at highest quality, fastest timeframe, and best terms for new projects across the portfolio. Implement proactive procedures that optimize supply base predictability for deliveries of purchased components and services. Lead internal and external teams to optimize supply base quality, predictability and reduce costs. Manage and balance process and procedure changes in high change environment for highly matrixed large organization. Act as Supplier Relationship Manager to achieve program goals and deliver parts to meet program OKRs (Objectives and Key Results). This position reports to the Director of Procurement.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 123,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Starts supplier selection team process to ensure capable supplier base
- Leads supplier meetings on-site or at supplier manufacturing facilities in support of NPI and commercial launch deliverables
- Generate SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) documentation and execute to compliance all polices in support of QMS (Quality Management System) compliance
- Generate RFQ (Request For Quote)/RFPs (Request For Proposal) to suppliers on behalf of R&D (Research and Development) to obtain best possible terms
- Update and streamline quote to part receipt process (compress timing)
- Executes a high volume of ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) in Agile PLCM (Product Life Cycle Management) to SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) to Supplier POs (Purchase Orders)
- On-boarding and supplier expectation setting for new development supply base
- Place and expedite Purchase Orders with suppliers on behalf of New Product Development Team
- Participate in technical reviews in order to facilitate best solutions to commercial challenges within supplier base
- Resolve AP (Accounts Payable) issues for suppliers to ensure timely payment
- Leads supplier capacity reviews and presents findings to cross functional teams
- Drives efforts to invest in Cap Ex (Capital Expenditures) to support supplier volume increases YoY (Year Over Year)
- Identifies opportunity for future cost down activity after product launch
- Lead successful transfer of production released components and approved suppliers to Production Buyer at product launch
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Medical Device
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.