The Command Center Manager will oversee the operational activities and services to ensure delivery in an effective, efficient, and professional manner, while pursuing operational excellence and maintaining a transformational vision.
The goal of the Command Center is to ensure maximum possible service availability through proactive/reactive event detection, technical resource engagement and issue remediation. The Command Center functions as the 24x7x365 nerve center for the company's physical and technical environments, observing and responding to monitoring events, job automation and customer requests. These functions include all Data Center and company locations.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise a 24x7x365 Command Center that consists of Level 1/Level 2 technicians.
- Assign and manage the workload of shift personnel, as well as escalate resource constraints to management.
- Oversee day-to-day Command Center operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with all customers.
- Enterprise monitoring of all services including site locations, Infrastructure, Data Center and business applications.
- Assign resources and monitor progress of all assignments; ensure completion of schedules.
- Develop work processes within the Command Center for Operational activities (Tidal, Backups, File Transfers, Data Center) and Technical activities (Network, Wintel, Unix, SAN, Security)
- Manage and maintain all documentation associated with processes and procedures in the Command Center.
- Continuously improve and develop systems to proactively monitor the infrastructure, as well as work to increase application/portal monitoring.
- Provide operational direction, escalation assistance and executive level communications for all enterprise events (when necessary).
- Ensure assigned team demonstrates a understanding of the business environment and needs within the area of responsibility. Understand technical, business and operational impacts of work responsibilities or problems.
- Provide direct feedback to Command Center staff as appropriate to ensure constant growth while pursuing operational maturity.
- Collaborate with business partners and customers to ensure operational process standardization and maturity.
- Hire, train, mentor and develop Level 1 / Level 2 technicians.
- Manage and coordinate monthly Data Center maintenance.
- Provides leadership and coordination on projects assigned.
- Experience in Data Center operational process and process development; including the development and measurement of KPI's.
- Ensure that systemic issues have appropriate resolution paths.
- Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements, ticket resolution and customer issues.
- Provide coverage for, and act on behalf, of the Data Center Director during periods of absence.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Is subject to call 24 hours, 7 days a week, to cover
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Network (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.