job summary: Description
- The UI/Visual Designer will have a hands-on role in the design of business customer-facing products and services.
- Help shape product benefits around user needs to create engaging and intuitive user interfaces with sales driven results.
- As part of day-to-day, you will collaborate with team Creative Directors as well as sales, marketing, brand and engineering leads.
- You will help drive the delivery of digital applications that feature outstanding user experience and elegant design aesthetics.
- Candidate's portfolio must contain recent mobile and web based products to be considered.
- The successful candidate thrives in a fast paced, agile environment where strict attention to detail is applied to multiple projects running in parallel.
- Have a broad experience and a deep understanding of users to recommend UI features that solve customer needs.
- Write intuitive style guides and design specifications with a focus towards engineering implementation.
- Support, communicate, course-correct, and revise through the development phase.
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail. Qualifications:
- A portfolio that showcases several recent e-commerce designs is required for consideration. Mobile site/mobile phone and/or tablet apps designs a plus
- Minimum 5-8 years of UI and visual design experience within a digital agency or product team.
- Experience leading development of comprehensive and versatile digital design systems.
- Significant experience in iconography, symbol design, and data visualization.
- Expert typesetting and typographic design skills.
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform web/mobile usability standards and UI specifications.
- Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of leading email and browser technology.
- Skilled in taking a project from exploratory and conceptual version, through to final production assets.
- Proven ability to multi-task and execute against multiple projects running in parallel paths.
- Ability to collaborate with copywriters and business stakeholders for successful marketing related launches.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $36.21 - 46.21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Take responsibility for the user interface: identify problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute UI solutions to improve the user experience.
- Create pixel-perfect, world-class user interfaces and original, eye-catching visual design.
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Produce interactive prototypes for internal experimentation and usability testing, and test UI in a rigorous, data-driven way.
- Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design disciplines and principles
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.