Sr. Software Engineer
job summary: What You'll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- 4+ Years experience in a software engineering role
- Ability to work in any part of the stack -- from very rich, highly complex H5 applications to scalable distributed systems
- A passion for building user-friendly web applications
- Experience with HTML5 web technologies and frameworks (e.g. React)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; great attention to details
- strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems, ask good questions, and contribute to thoughtful solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
Below are some of the technologies we use - if you know any of these we definitely want to talk with you. If you want to learn any of these we definitely want to talk with you, too!
- Our backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, Python, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform technologies
location: Bozeman, Montana
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This Senior Software Engineer position joins a team building services and features for Workiva's SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to support new types of audits, evidence files, or workflows that customers cannot currently do in Wdesk. We also routinely work on improving performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We're committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we're delighting them with our solutions.
The team routinely works full-stack. The frontend is a single-page application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, and deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS. The technology is a detail - we are confident that engineers can and will learn.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.