job summary: Description
- Report on project's progress as required by product engineering management
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to LE and Lead PE project manager
- Evaluate impact change request against communicated timelines. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise
- May support one or more products within Advanced Voice and Ethernet, including associated SMB products during installation of services
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Assure feature and functionality and performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure quality and on time delivery
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity. More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise. Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Typically has at least 10 years of IT work experience, including 8 or more years managing projects.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- Candidate must have experience with Optical Networking and deployment of Optical Networking equipment
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $56.84 - 66.84 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals for a product management department and gains alignment working with cross-functional leadership
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Optical Networking
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.