We are currently sourcing for an Oracle DBA to work at in Durham, NC! With a highly proficient and highly motivated Senior Database Administrator with heavy skill set in order to support various database initiatives. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports daily to ensure issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with other infrastructure teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This role requires a service oriented attitude, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on balancing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Perform applications database administration( Oracle) functions including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, and developer support
- Actively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts
- Work with development teams in database design process and make suggestions/recommendations based on data manipulation needs of the application.
- Works with customers on fixing production issues
- Provide database support in all phases of SDLC
- Work with team members to come up with solutions in line with group's standards
- Participate in 24X7 on call rotation schedule for various production support, database maintenance, housekeeping and installs
- Collaborate with Operations Database group, Systems Administrators and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation demands
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Evaluation and recommendation of software products in database management arena
- Should have strong time management skills with willingness and ability to prioritize multiple projects/initiatives at the same time
- Proactive with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills
- Setup DR and HA strategy and support routine DR testing
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients
- Write clear, concise, well organized user documentation to maintain standards and procedures
- Balance various database infrastructure projects
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Oracle DBA
- Exadata and RAC expertise
- DBMS systems
- Postgres, MariaDB , SQL Server
- Oracle Goldengate, EDB Replica
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.