Desktop Engineer will be responsible for maintenance, implementation and documentation of the POS equipment to Zabbix including UPS devices. They will also be responsible for implementation and documentation on the veeder root password change process and Warren Rogers upgrade process. Adhere to department documentation and support standards. May have additional responsibilities to provide support to all POS Store related requests.
location: Westlake, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Ability to script taks with powershell. Understanding of operators, conversion types, loops, arrays, functions, error checking and exception handling.
- Experience Administrating a Windows 10 Environment.
- Understanding on how to communicate with APIs.
- Experience with database development
- Ability to assist in white board design and technical requirements.
- Ability to communicate to internal and third paries to gather requirements.
- Ability to understand requirements and write productive, functional code that follows standards and security best practices.
- Ability to create detail design drawings using Visio that match code design, functional and technical requirements.
- Lead design presentations and code review with the business partners and accept constructive feed back. Lead discussions for QA to build test cases.
- Intermediate problem solving skills and communication with peers and outside departments.
- Look for ways to improve standards and deficiencies with process and automation opportunities.
- Assist in working from an idea to design.
- Follow technical design requirements, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code\scripting.
- Assist in supporting existing applications
- Beginner knowledge of best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Ability to learn to Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to quickly mitigate and address these issues
- Ability to create standard template documentation and process flow drawings (ie. Swim diagrams) ?
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Technical Support
- Process Improvement
- Desktop Engineer
- Desktop Support
- Windows 10 support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.