job summary: Summary:
The device software product team oversees software for millions of devices in customer homes, including cameras, touchscreens, settops, broadband gateways, WiFi Pods, etc. Product Management for device software requires a background in engineering / computer science as well as an understanding of how to solve customer problems using devices. Technical Background:
Product Management Skills:
- Operating system principles
- Embedded software development
- Software and system architecture
- Telemetry as a means to drive decisions
- Quality attributes of software (reliability, security, maintainability, etc)
- IoT devices
- Routing and Networking
- DOCSIS technology
- IP video streaming services
- WiFi technology
- Agile software development
- Experience in entertainment device technology
- Software roadmap development
- Product discovery
- Customer problem analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Enterprise wide cross team collaboration
- Continuous process improvement
- User story and requirements definition
- Software portfolio management
- Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Passion for optimizing customer experience
- Financial analysis and budgets
- Vendor management
Field of Study:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, Masters Degree preferred
Years of Experience:
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Research features on competitors' products.
- Evaluate product compliance with standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with hardware product and hardware engineering teams to map software features to hardware capabilities.
- Elaborate detailed product use cases.
- Collaborate with other product stakeholders to map software features to UX, apps, accessibility, regulatory, care, operations, security requirements.
- Performs research studies and analysis to derive insights on customer problems.
- Synthesizes various pieces of data and/or information into a concise and compelling narrative for the audience.
- Leads product discovery (will the customer love the product, will the customer pay for the product, will the customer understand how to use the product).
- Prioritizes development activities.
- Works with architecture, development, test, release management, triage, and product delivery teams to ensure timely feature development and release.
- Scales software globally, including multiple experiences, syndication partnerships, and regionalization.
- Drives device software product perspective with Business/Strategic Development stakeholders.
- Evaluates opportunities for external partner collaboration, software license, or acquisition, including technical due diligence, evaluation agreements, and statements of work with external partners.
- Rallies engineering teams and mobilize resources to bring products and features to market.
- Provides go to market support and documentation and helps develop product marketing materials.
- Leads software development for beginning and end of device life, including new device trial and deployment, warehouse procedures, installation, failure detection / replacement, and end of life.
- Leads software development for in-life device management, including software upgrade, configuration, resiliency, self-healing, self-test, security, diagnostics, telemetry, logging, and credential provisioning.
- Defines, develops, and implements operational frameworks for products.
- Oversees development of assigned new products and services and ensures customers' needs are met.
- Keeps leadership team informed of key developments and issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Potential for travel or a potential for 10-20% travel - possibly internationally so maybe we want to mention that folks may need to get/already have a passport - and I would list a familiarity with IoT/IP video streaming services and security as a helpful line item/area of focus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.