Our client is a women-owned small business federal contractor located in Silver Spring, Maryland. We are seeking a Program Manager
to lead, manage and grow performance-based contracts at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The PM will support an IDIQ and GWAC contracts with several task order contracts, and several subcontracts, with more than 25 personnel. The PM is also expected to have solid technical knowledge of and management experience in most of the following areas: Cyber Security, Cloud, Web, Database, Software Development, Scientific Modeling, Data Collection and Management, Image Analysis and Management, GIS Services and AI/ML.
The PM is the face of the company, first line of contact with the customer, and is responsible for building a trusted partnership with the senior leadership and stakeholders in Government. The PM will be responsible for contract performance, which includes all program activities to meet cost, schedule, deliverables and performance requirements. The PM will work closely with the company executives to create a strategic plan to grow programs, evaluate opportunities and assist in proposal efforts. The PM will develop briefings, status reports, spend plans and other contract requirements as needed. The PM will also assist in staffing and employee management, relationship and growth.
The ideal Candidate must have an MBA from an accredited university, preferably with a bachelor's degree in an IT or technical field, hold an active PMP certification and have 10+ years of program management experience, preferably some of it at NOAA.
Place of Performance - The ideal candidate will be teleworking but is expected to be available to meet as needed with the customer and company personnel, in Silver Spring, MD, once COVID restrictions are lifted.
location: Silver Spring, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Customer Relationship Management to include participation in continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and quality within the contracts and task orders.
- Program Plan Development (planning, tracking and oversight) and responsible for overall financial health and successful execution on contracts and task orders.
- Resource allocation (staffing, IT resources), scheduling, budgeting, and complete status reporting.
- Support internal and customer management, technical and marketing reviews.
- Manage and define timelines, staff and other resources to assure that delivery meets all documented requirements with the Government/Contractor Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Proactively identify and resolve project issues.
- Manage complex IT, scientific and technical projects/programs.
- Demonstrate leadership (sets example for support staff) and manage customer relationship during entire program delivery, from start to finish.
- Work with the customer to determine parameters for high CPARS ratings.
- Create a Project Management Plan for kick-off meetings.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Edit and submit the finished delivery reports and presentations.
- Perform team assessments and evaluations of the level of process maturity in existing operational units using document inspection, staff interviews and observation. Evaluate against Best Practices and Industry Standards, and identify areas for improvement. Develop short and long-term plans, roadmaps and Business Cases to enable program to identify priorities and close the gaps between their practices and industry best practice.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Demonstrate leadership and oversight to manage assigned contracts and task orders in accordance to government laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Provide program leadership for the project managers and team leads.
- Develop requirements to fulfill the customer's business needs and program goals.
- Responsible for contract compliance, quality deliverables, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead a culturally diverse technical team composed of contract and subcontract resources.
- Ensure success of project tasks by recruiting, training and retaining staff.
- Meet regularly with task managers and staff to assure contract performance is on track. This might involve some travel.
- Develop project related documentation (deliverables, work breakdown structure, charter, timelines, critical path, resource plan, etc.), risk evaluation, and budgetary control.
- Use project management databases, preferably Unanet, to track all funding commitments, expenditures and contract performance.
- Ensure monthly status reports and spend plans are compliant and submitted on time.
- Manage multiple project task orders from initiation, through monitoring, through project close.
- Maintain strategic view of project dependencies, relationships, and overlap.
- Communicate directly with subcontractors to ensure optimal implementation of subcontractor resources.
- Identify and analyze new business opportunities and provide support for proposal efforts.
- Control scope creep and costs for all projects.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
- Program Management
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.