job summary: Description
: Job Summary
- The Cyber Analyst III role is focused on providing firewall engineering support for Palo Alto technology. This position will support complex firewall deployment projects.
- These projects demand experience in networking; architecture knowledge; policy design and configuration of Palo Alto's.
- strong experience with Palo Alto firewall technology
- Experience with Palo Alto central management (Panorama)
- strong TCP/IP and dynamic routing foundational knowledge
- Experience analyzing network traffic
- Experience troubleshooting network traffic (e.g., Layer 2 and Layer 3 issues)
- Working knowledge of NAT principles
- Experience with foundational protocols such as DNS, DHCP, and ARP
- Experience with change management (i.e., workflows, tickets, procedures)
- Ability to perform self-directed work
- Ability to independently prioritize daily work
- Ability to carry out daily work responsibilities with minimal supervision
- strong team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Network Engineering/Telecommunications
- Industry certifications (CCNA, CCNP, PCSNE, PCSNA)
- Advanced understanding of cybersecurity principles
- Coding/Scripting experience (Python, VB)
- IT/Cyber Security project experience
- Experience using change management/ticket system/documentation
- VMware, NSX, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot network traffic in IPv6 environments
- Experience with IDS/IPS/SIEM Logging and Monitoring
- NERC CIP Compliance experience
- Experience with Syslog, TACACS, Radius, and SNMP
- Experience troubleshooting across firewall infrastructure with various third party tools
- Experience in Data Center environment
- Demonstrated leadership in technical roles
- Proven ability to speak and write about complex technical topics to a less technical audience
- Demonstrated leadership identifying improvement opportunities and solutions
- College degree in relevant field
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $29.17 - 39.17 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work on Enterprise Firewall Management team, directly supporting complex, high pace projects.
- Represent the Firewall Engineering team professionally in interactions with internal business partners and other IT Support groups.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams (i.e., DCS Engineer, Telecom, IT, Cybersecurity) across the Enterprise for IT/OT/SCADA security projects.
- Developing firewall policies for deployment of Palo Altos.
- Configuring, deploying and testing implementation of Palo Alto firewalls.
- Follow proper Change Management and Human Performance requirements and processes.
- Adhere and implement required regulatory requirements (NERC CIP).
- Understands enterprise security standards/requirements.
- Work in a hybrid environment expecting to be in office a number of days a week; working in data center/lab environment; and from home/remote.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.