Sr. IT Systems Test Engineer
The project scope is to enhance an assessment tool and risk application for the Claims organization including the user interface, database structuring, and automated data creation by scaling and building out an existing system. On this assignment, the contractor will be responsible for creating and building the end-to-end automated regression tests covering the UI (web site) and database (SQL server). They will also be responsible for designing, coding, and implementing the automated regression tests. Basically, they will be automating what a user does directly on the website. They will write C# code to simulate the user's actions such as push buttons, save data, update data, and make sure this data is saved correctly in the database.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The contractor in this role will not have traditional requirements or technical designs on which to base their testing. They'll need to determine how best to get the information needed to develop and automate the regression tests and what tools will be used/developed for the automation (e.g. writing feature files in C#). This could include taking actions like using the prototype and working directly with the customer to develop the critical process flows, creating the flow charts, and determining the best testing methods. This is a very "freelance environment" and the person in this role needs to be open to doing whatever it takes to ensure the automated regression test provide the coverage needed. The person will need to devise creative approaches using non-traditional means to develop the suite of regression tests. Required skills/experience:
- C# developer with experience developing automated regression tests
- Experience with SQL server, transact SQL, and HTML components.
- Visual Studio 2019, SpecFlow, Gherkin, Selenium Web Driver, HTML, batch files, (DB2 a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to influence outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an evolving life-cycle
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Test Automation (6 years of experience is required)
- Selenium Web Driver (3 years of experience is required)
- Regression Testing (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.