Our client, a growing Financial Service firm, is lookubg for a Infrastructure Operations Manager to join the Infrastructure Operations team. The team is responsible for daily system operations, security operations, database operations, application support, server patching, monitoring, backup and recovery as well as our configuration management database (CMDB). The Infrastructure Operations Manager will be overseeing the L1 Operations, Database Operations and Application Support teams. This role will be directly responsible for running three offshore L1 support teams with a focus on delivery of exceptional value for internal and external customers. This position will drive continuous improvement for all operations teams, elevating the skills and capabilities of the team members and ensuring SLAs are adhered to. The Infrastructure Operations Manager will be a key member of the Infrastructure Operations team and will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure Operations. Skills:
- 3+ years of managing an operations team
- Working Knowledge of Database systems
- Working Knowledge of Application support
- Working Knowledge of Unix & Windows operating systems
- Working Knowledge of Monitoring and Alerting workflow
- Working Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Working Knowledge of ITIL framework
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology
- Expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred in Computer Science
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Conduct Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly meetings with the Offshore teams.
- Manage and Prioritize Daily workload in the Jira ticketing system.
- Responsible for maintaining the Knowledge Transfer Pipeline
- Drive the continuous improvement process for all Operations teams.
- Produce reports on team performance and metrics
- Produce reports on systems and performance
- Ensure that all teams are adhering to SLA's
- Manage our Service Life Cycle Project
- Manage/Standardize our Confluence document repository
- Ensure all operations teams follow policy and procedures
- Create/Update/Improve operational policies and procedures
- Manage Offshore teams
- Ensure foundational tools are operated and maintained for accuracy and performance.
- Manage Sendword Now Tools
- Manage Pager Duty
- Participate in the planning and execution of Infrastructure projects
- Help build required skills/techniques within our operational teams
- Interface with IT and business customers
- Act as primary incident commander for Major Incidents
- Create detailed Postmortems for major incidents focusing on improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Experience level: Manager
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.