We have an opening for a QA Tester that is fully remote. The candidate is responsible for development and management of manual and automated test scripts based upon manual test cases, execution of manual test scripts, and reporting of defects - with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality of IT applications, as measured by post-production defects.
location: Collierville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Provides high-level input as to the direction of automated testing, and develops prioritized action test plans for applications and testing of transaction layers.
- Requires functional, integration and performance testing of Microservices APIs; testing deployment scripts for infrastructure, API and application levels and taking a key role within the delivery lifecycle.
- Makes appropriate recommendations as to solution architecture
- Defines, develops, executes, and documents automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages and database tools
- Logs defects discovered into defect repository, and reports test findings to IT Project Managers and/or Application Developers for corrective action.
- Works with Application Developers to understand system logic, and identify reasons for script failure
- Proactive in working with Application Development teams to assign Document Object Model (DOM) elements with identifiable attributes
- Consults with Application Development staff on execution of automated scripts to help perform unit testing
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and trends in automated test development, and provides recommendations to management.
- Develops, executes, and reports automated test suites
- Contributes to each phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) primarily through regression and unit testing
- Performs application system performance monitoring of both Test and Production platforms/environments
- Ensures all test results are properly documented, and captures all relevant information.
- Provides daily and release-based reports that detail the results of test execution, defects found, and issues encountered with scripts
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Performance Testing
- Automated QA Testing
- Test Plans/Cases/Scripts
- Manual QA Testing
- QA Analyst
- QA Tester
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.