job summary: JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you a talented iOS and Android Developer who wants to work in a rapidly transforming IT organization in one of the country's largest Utilities? If so, Client's Digital Transformation organization is looking for creative and self-driven talent to join our agile culture.
- Qualified developers will have an opportunity to work on an array of challenging problems in the mobile application space having a direct impact on the day to day experiences of both our field workers and customers alike.
- Workers at this level manage sprint backlog tasks in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision.
- They are fully competent in mobile development concepts and best practices.
- They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve.
- Designs, develops and deploys innovative and advanced mobile applications.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related experience. Work experience in addition to degree
5-10 years as an IT Application Developer with an emphasis on iOS Swift and Android Kotlin/Java development. Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities
Swift, XCode, Kotlin, Android Studio, Oracle, SQL Server, Agile (Scrum and Kanban), Git, Java Preferred Qualifications
- Effective communication skills.
- Full stack development experience with exposure to java cloud native APIs
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, GCP or other cloud platforms
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
- Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with Bitbucket and Jira
- Exposure to code scanning tools such as SonarQube and CheckMarx
If you have had any responsibility for or participation in judicial, administrative, regulatory or other oversight proceedings involving Client or any of its affiliates, please identify the agency or department, the dates of your employment, and the nature of your responsibilities, including a list of any proceedings involving Clientor any of its affiliates. NOTE: Only answer this question if you have worked with the government or other agency involved with Client oversight.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $53.51 - 63.51 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Creates, maintains and enhances customer facing iOS and Android applications as part of a durable product team.
- Researches, evaluates and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
- Designs new functionality based on product backlog priorities and coordinates development efforts in collaboration with durable product team and cross-functional organizations
- Maintains records to document system and programming development and revisions.
- Leverages CICD automation and best practices to deliver quality solutions to our end users
- Applies iterative development to continuously deliver value through frequent deployments
- Mentor's other application developers in Swift development.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and cybersecurity standards.
- Leads design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.