job summary: Project Overview:
Play Monetization UX designs consumer experiences that power Commerce & Growth on Google Play. We make Play worth paying for.
Google Play reaches billions of users across the world. As stewards of the Android ecosystem it's our responsibility to keep it thriving and create value for consumers & developers ie, help consumers find and unlock great content that's worth their money, and help developers build relationships with the right customers and have the best ways to monetize their apps and games on a global scale. Overall Responsibilities:
- As part of the Monetization team, you'll delight users with designs that engage & excite them, while reassuring them that their transactions are safe & secure.
- You'll collaborate with an outstanding team to help make Play worth paying for.
- As a Visual Designer working in monetization, you'll be helping visualize the future of deals & offers in Google Play, and helping craft our design system.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Develop and apply general visual styles and interaction patterns, consistent with Google Play and the Google brand, and communicate that into detailed specs for engineering
- Help craft and visualize end-user experience for features on Google Play Commerce
- Created detailed mockups, prototypes, and wireframes following a user-centered process to effectively communicate design ideas
- Collaborate closely with product & engineering to define, execute, and launch features that maximize end user, developer, and business value & impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interactions (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience Creative, visual heavy and well rounded designer who sweats the details
- Thrives equally at the system and the pixel level
- strong core interaction and visual design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design process
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools as well as ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and tasks and collaborate effectively while working remotely
- Experience designing for and leading user facing products from concept to launch
- Detail oriented and a strong sense and understanding of visual design
- strong leadership skills and ability to manage and execute on multiple projects at different stages of the design and implementation process independently
- Prototyping skills
- Highly collaborative with other designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, and marketing teams.
- Experience in mobile design & e-commerce.
- Familiarity with Google Material design
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with research teams to validate concepts, and execute iterations on learnings
- Take input, requirements, and feedback from multiple stakeholders across different cross-functional organizations.
- Participate in regular design reviews with a strong ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale effectively.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.