Reporting to the Sr. Director of Data Science, we are seeking an exceptional Associate Director, Product Development Analytics to join our Data Science team based in our Redwood City office. This group implements and develops the newest methods for proteomics molecular profiling leveraging Seer's proprietary technology platform and the latest generation of mass spectrometers. The driving focus of this team, working closely with the mass spectrometry, assay, material technology and product teams, is to extract value and insights from large scale datasets produced by our technology.
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 190,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Execute on building robust verification and validation data frameworks, working closely with the product development team, to launch and iterate on products
- Perform exploratory data analysis, data wrangling, reporting, statistical analysis and complex modeling. Use appropriate and succinct visualizations to convey insights to the wider team. Present analysis and results to the executive team
- Lead, develop, grow and retain a team of star data scientists
- Partner with data & software engineers to optimize the data pipelines for quantity, quality and product applicability - for both research and development lines
- Carefully curate generated data sets, optimizing for traceability and ease of access
- Stay current with developments in data science and internally promote new techniques/ideas
- Interact with company leadership to develop data science strategy
- Work closely with the Mass Spectrometry, Assay, Materials Technology groups as well as interact, collaborate, and support other functional teams within the broader Research, Development, and Clinical framework
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
- Management (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.