job summary: Job Description
Has working at NASA a dream since you touched your 1st computer? Now is your chance to join the Client team supporting NASA's Goddard NASCOM Network System Administration Team as we build, manage, and support the worldwide NASA Mission Network. The role of Principal Systems Administrator is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of information technology professionals supporting mostly a Unix/Linux environment with a small handful of Windows systems mixed-in. Required Skills
- Linux/Unix operating system administration
- VMWare ESXi hypervisors
- Scripting experience with Perl, Bash, Python, etc.
- TCP/IP and network protocols including DNS, SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, SSH, RADIUS, and LDAP
- Windows operating system administration
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
- Experience supporting Federal systems including FISMA Certification and Accreditation
- Managing software and hardware deployment projects
- Experience with Postfix, HP Opsware, Sybase, Apache, mysql, mrtg, Nagios, HP Network Automation, Juniper WANDL, high-availability server clusters, HP Open View and HP Network Node Manager
Education and Experience
- Must have: Secret (or better) United States Department of Defense clearance.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
location: Greenbelt, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $62.22 - 72.22 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform senior-level Linux/Unix system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, maintenance.
- Identify and implement system and process-level improvements including providing recommendations to purchase and then implementing hardware and software solutions.
- Provide senior-level mentoring to junior and mid-level system administration staff.
- Developing and implement strategy, design, implementation and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Ideal candidate must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
- Candidate must have strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing off-hours support.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- HP Network Automation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.