We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level licensed Professional Engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary licensed engineers. The individual will have knowledge in the behavior of mechanical equipment and building/process systems and their components for use in forensic engineering relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired. Mechanical equipment and systems types include, but not limited to, HVAC systems, boilers, industrial gas systems, plumbing systems, machinery & process equipment, fire protection systems, etc.
location: Round Rock, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to mechanical systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human-induced origins (design, construction errors/omissions and product defects). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge of mechanical systems and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with code officials and contractors and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.