job summary: Description:
40% User Experience
- Scope and conduct design research exercises to inform project scope and user requirements
- Lead UX Design workshops to define the target user experience and collect user input
- Create user stories, personas and storyboards
- Plan and conduct interviews, user surveys, card sorting and usability tests
- Conduct heuristic evaluations
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: 40% Design
20% Design Coach
- Translate user research and product requirements into elegant and intuitive designs
- Leverage professional design tools (such as Sketch and Figma) to deliver mock-ups and clickable prototypes to inspire the engineers to deliver on the design and test design solutions
- Apply knowledge of responsive design, material design and other design languages to craft UI Designs
- Capable of designing concrete ideas, experiences and interactions
Travel Expectations (if can be done safely)
- Collaborate closely with product owners and product coaches on defining scope and overall vision
- Work with internal and external partners to develop solutions based on Design Thinking and User Centered Design approaches
- Create design documentation to help transfer knowledge across the product team
- Provide guidance to more junior designers on how to apply design systems or style guides
- Work with design teams to refine and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards for design
- Must be willing to travel between 5-10%, sponsored by client
- 5-10 years of business/industry work experience
- 5-10 years of experience working in product development or agile organized teams
- 5-10 years of experience in UX/UI design practices[JQ6]
- Experience with design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop (preference for Figma & Sketch)
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous situations and a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience crafting, organizing and maintaining design assets such as style guides, component/pattern libraries, prototypes/examples and product branding
- General knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, or SAFe)
- Experience with technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder projects
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence and communicate at all levels of the global organization and cross-function/platform
- Experience in creating UX design training/workshop material
- Ability to effectively communicate design decisions to team members and project stakeholders on a regular basis
- Results-oriented and customer-centric
- Relationship building expertise with ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, customers and external alliances
- strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse teams and personalities
- strong teaching, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- strong strategic thinking, prioritization, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Self-reliant, assertive and passionate
- Demonstrate broad perspective of business environment.
- Apply knowledge to new and more complex situations.
- Leverage knowledge, perspectives and experience from working with globally diverse team.
- Be part of new or unfamiliar role, building / being part of a new global team, dealing with ambiguity.
- Influence people without direct authority.
- Collaborate across the organization.
Additional Educational Preferences:
- Experience with development using code management tools such as GitHub
- Professional Certification in UX Design
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Arts, Computer Science or related Software/Design/Art field
- Collaborate with UX Strategists and other Designers to continually improve the experience of our users
- Work with design team to refine and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.