job summary: Position Summary:
The Salesforce Developer will focus on building and managing Salesforce applications using best practices and scalability in mind. The Developer will work closely with the engineering and business applications project teams to serve various business departments at Progress Residential. The position will focus on development of new applications and enhancements, as well as support of existing systems.
As a Salesforce Developer, the role involves documenting designs, performing code reviews, and contributing to daily scrum activities. The individual needs to be highly aware of the overall strategy of the Salesforce platform and integration points. The Developer will work closely with other senior team leads and architects to assist with design reviews and architecture workshops. Software projects are executed primarily using Scrum methodology, but some initiatives and sustainment development work may be executed in Waterfall or Kanban methods.
location: Scottsdale, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Work with IT project managers, business analysts, and senior software developers to evaluate project requirements, create technical designs and implement changes within the Salesforce instance.
- Participates in software specification, gap analysis, and requirements analysis.
- Develops and refines proofs-of-concepts to confirm requirements.
- Leverages design patterns and best practices for application development.
- Testing, including defining/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) and gathering feedback from pre-release testers.
- Ability to log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA.
- Participate in software release and post-release activities, including end-user training and support (e.g. developing demos).
- On-going systems administration, maintenance, and support functions.
- Ability to follow and work within project work plans and timelines to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Capture, mitigate and /or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems.
- Write and/or review deliverables, end-user guides, support documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field strongly preferred. 4 or more years of progressive development will be considered in place of a degree.
- 3 or more years of object oriented programming experience: Java or C# preferred.
- Hands-on Salesforce development experience required: Lightning, Apex classes and triggers, SOQL, and Visual Force.
- Salesforce development certifications a strong plus.
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and Field Service Lightning a strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases a strong plus: SQL queries, views, and stored procedures.
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban).
- Proven experience with integrated systems required.
- Software Performance Tuning.
- Software Design, Debugging, Development, Documentation, and Testing.
- strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines.
- Solid, detail-oriented documentation skills.
- strong balance of business and technical skills and ability to "translate" technical concepts clearly to non-technical decision-makers.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries.
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent's supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.