The client's team unit seeks a highly motivated individual as a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join its Data Warehouse Systems Quality Assurance (SQA) team. The Analyst will design and develop test cases and execute automated and manual test methods. This individual must be able to analyze and understand business and technical requirements and conduct gap analysis to implement complex reports and queries successfully, and comply with operational standards; as well as compliance with HIPAA requirements.
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Perform preliminary business analysis of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, decision flows and corrective actions.
- Conduct peer reviews of functional requirements of solutions to identify gaps and document in detail and report findings.
- Create and deliver test plans and test cases - create effective and reusable test scripts based on functional requirements and use cases.
- Participate in software design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, operational characteristics, product designs, schedules, and potential problems.
- Confer with business analysts, engineers, architects, product owners and others to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Implement Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and followed parallel development and testing.
- Experience in preparing Test Strategy, developing Test Plan, Detailed Test Cases, writing Test Scripts by decomposing Business Requirements, and developing Test Scenarios to support quality deliverables.
- Design, develop data flow/data lineage diagrams, data mapping from source to staging and staging to target mapping documents indicating the tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Design and Develop complex SQL scripts, PL/SQL blocks, stored procedures for testing the dimensions and facts in the DWH that includes data validation, count validation, referential integrity validation and duplicate check validation.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop and execute manual/automation tests which includes functional, integration, negative, regression, system, UAT and performance tests.
- Document software and application defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers using Atlassian JIRA and track the defects until closure.
- Ensure that an application continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing.
- Responsible for System testing of Ad-Hoc Query Packages in Cognos which involves execution of Ad-hoc reports and corresponding test SQL's based on various join conditions and filters and calculations.
- Tools used include HP Load Runner, IBM Rational Test Manager, Oracle, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Quick Test Professional (QTP), TOAD for Oracle 12.6, Pig, Python, Scala, Oracle SQL Developer 18.2, PL/SQL, UNIX, IBM Cognos Query Studio 11, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Sqoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hadoop, AWS, FileZilla, Microsoft Visio, WinSCP, Java, MS Office, CVS, Microsoft Outlook, Atlassian JIRA, Putty, SAS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of testing approaches and techniques for certifying software acceptance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in project teams, providing relevant quality assurance services to a broad audience.
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test results, examine and identify triggers and root cause.
- Expertise in SAS, SOL, PL-SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, C, C++, Java, and .NET.
- Expertise in backend testing and writing SQL queries, including complex subqueries and joins..
- Knowledge of QA Methodologies and the software development lifecycle.
- strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Prior performance testing experience desired.
- Prior Selenium skills with core JAVA experience desired.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or University degree.
- Five years of experience black-box, white-box, functional, smoke, and regression testing.
- Experienced in reviewing the work of business analysts and subject matter experts ensuring well-defined requirements contribute to defined functional use cases
- Experience working with Oracle database
- Prior experience working with Health and Human Services applications or other governmental enterprise data processing applications desired.
- Prior experience working in healthcare or government setting with a strong knowledge base in healthcare insurance principles, eligibility and Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS), desired
- Government and or Healthcare prior experience desired.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.