As Director of Infrastructure and Desktop services you will provide leadership for those invloved in the development design, and optimization of more or more IT and Systems functions supporting business processes. Coordinates delivery of services to user groups and ensures IT servvices is uninterrupted.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Provides leadership for those involved in the development, design, and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company's data, tools, and information systems. Ensures infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, recommends, and implements IT policies and procedures. Partners with key stakeholders to ensure needs are met.
- Oversees and supports all activities relating to both corporate and field-related computer systems hardware and software, data and telecommunications network infrastructure and security of electronic information.
- Recommends, purchases, implements, and supports all computer, telecommunication, and network related equipment.
- Recommends, implements, and supports all corporate and field-related software. Ensures compatibility and integration with existing systems. Maintains proper licensing agreements and compliance.
- Develops annual operational and capital budgets to reflect departmental direction that supports corporate goals. Adapts as needed.
- Identify, manage, and collaborate with all outside vendors to ensure alignment with company goals/needs.
- Ensure the security of all computer/network/data devices. Maintains proper access controls to all computer systems/networks to ensure data and network is protected from outside cyber threats. Investigate all reports of security breaches and recommends steps to rectify and prevent future issues.
- Responsible for the daily activities of all IT staff. Formulates and administers departmental policies and operation procedures. Maintains an adequate staff to service all company IT functions, including hiring, training, evaluating, directing, and terminating IT staff (with the guidance of Human Resources).
- Performs an annual review of all automated systems, making recommendations to enhance productivity, eliminate redundancy, and maintain systems.
- Ensures confidentiality of all employee and company information. Maintains good communication; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- 10+ years in Information Systems leadership role. Minimum of 5 years directly managing staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer information systems or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of logistics experience process beneficial, but not required.
- Experience in contract negotiations with outside vendors.
- strong process and cost improvement skills.
- strong project management skills with ability to plan, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, and communicate to all levels of employees. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), working knowledge of systems and network administration, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of ERPs, and licensing standards for Information Management
- 6+ years of progressive leadership experience in IT/DevOps or similar
- Expertise in one or more of the following, with a strong command in the others required: client architecture, web services, operating system or networking, server architecture and browser interfaces
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and analytical capabilities, creative problem solving and resourcefulness and ability to help others solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead team projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designs as measured by extensibility and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across all segments of the organization.
- 5+ year's experience with enterprise-scale systems deployments and operations
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft Azure
- 5+ years experience with DevOps methodologies/operations
- 5+ years experience with scripting in PowerShell, Python, and similar languages
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 to 2019
- strong experience with real-world application of security best practices
- strong experience with Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware virtualization platforms
- strong experience with SQL Server 2008 to current and Azure SQL Managed Instances
- strong experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows Server
- strong experience with Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Experience with development tools including Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with firewall technology, switching, and routing
- Experience with modern backup platforms
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- DevOps (5 years of experience is required)
- Development Tools
- Project Management (5 years of experience is required)
- Python (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.