Our client, a gaming studio with one of the most anticipated games launching next year, is in need of a talented Senior Systems Designer. Someone who is interested in creating brand new worlds with a brand new IP. This person would be able to break down a system into its component parts and build it back up with ease. Above all else, looking to add a passionate gamer who enjoys and seeks out collaboration and receives, and gives, constructively critical feedback.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Design, prototype, champion and implement one or more core gameplay systems that may include: core experience, player progression, itemization, combat or classes
- Maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Develop and maintain documentation of owned systems
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from team, QA and playtesting
- Communicate, coordinate and participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary, cross-studio team environment
- Be adaptable, detail-oriented, well organized and a great communicator
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Game Balance (2 years of experience is required)
- Game Systems Design (2 years of experience is required)
- Unreal Engine 4
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.