Our client, a gaming studio with one of the most anticipated games launching next year, is in need of a talented Senior Technical Animator. Someone who is interested in improving the animation pipeline and working with animation blueprints/ state machines in Unreal Engine 4. Will need to be highly organized, self-motivated and enjoy collaborating with others to excel in this role.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Quickly learn an existing AAA game animation system and pipeline
- Build and maintain animation control rigs for PC & NPC models
- Create animation pipeline tools for skinning, rigging, export/import of assets, etc.
- Train animators in pipeline, tools and anything else surrounding implementation of animation assets into the game-engine
- Supervise integration of animation assets into the game engine
- Have good understanding of existing engines and animation packages within the industry
- Communicate with Engine and Animation Programmer
- Provide constant technical support of the tools and engine to the animation team and communicate regularly the technical restrictions and their rationale
- Assist the design, integration and validation of animation assets
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Unreal Engine
- AAA games
- animation control rigs
- gaming design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.