Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry, has an immediate need for a Lead AWS Network Engineer who has experience managing and designing AWS network infrastructure.
This is a contract to hire opportunity working 3 days in Bethesda, MD (post covid). Salary up to $165k upon conversion.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: BETHESDA, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead a team of Network Administrators in the administration, engineering, and management support services for mission critical AWS network architecture and on-premise hardware (F5)
- Provide technical leadership to team members to achieve organizational goals and coordinate with teams to ensure business needs are properly implemented and satisfy the business processes defined for the project/initiative
- Provide AWS network administration, security, configuration management, and maintenance of VPC's, Security Groups, Load Balancers and related cloud network architecture that includes 150+ virtual servers and 700+ URL's
- Incorporate industry best Agile practices into daily team activities and utilize Jira to manage team assignments and coverage, ensure team completes assigned work on time and in accordance with client priorities
- Provide project planning and oversight to support agile operational processes including requirements review, story refinement and road-map planning sessions in coordination with team leads and product owners
- Enforce best practices for AWS network, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance
- Research and prototype new products, tools, technologies for system monitoring and security scanning
- Implementing network configuration using Infrastructure-as-a-Service model, develop network designs and implement cloud security best practices
- Develop technical documentation and troubleshooting guides
- Collaborate closely with other teams (e.g. Network, Storage, System Administrators, and Database) to provide expert consultation and technical administration for projects, initiatives, and general operations in order to ensure system performance, availability, and security across platforms
- Participate in a 24x7 365 days a year on-call rotation
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.