job summary: Description Job Title
: Senior Network Engineer Number of Positions
: 1 Job Location
: Lorton, VA Job Description
- This position is for a Senior Network Engineer on the ESA V program.
- ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
- This customer unit is responsible for providing field communications support to their field agents, officers and investigators worldwide.
- This position will provide expert level network engineering support to manage and maintain the equipment, networks and web applications that support the field communications systems deployed by our customer.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- The candidate will be subject matter expert skilled in Juniper SRX-series branch routers, Juniper EX-series switches, Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls, AnyConnect VPN clients,
- TrippLite serial consoles, Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits, Private APN cellular networks, Network Time Protocol (NTP). Extensive experience in the implementation of information security (IS) best practices & performance of work in accordance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) to ensure that systems can maintain accreditation.
- This position requires working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
- Learn a new Government system, and become the single Subject Matter Expert for all systems issues.
- Independently provide network engineering operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; support the system as the SME on the team, requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
- Juniper SRX-series security devices, certified at the JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC levels; ensure configurations consistent with industry best practices & FISMA; implement defense-in-depth methodology by using appropriate firewall rules, security policies and other IS-consistent configurations; monitor pre-shared key (PSK) and AutoVPN virtual private network (VPN) links; implement high availability (HA) configurations as needed
- Juniper EX-series switches using 1Gbps & 10Gbps backplanes; implement connectivity with Juniper & other vendor technologies using copper & fiber; implement high availability (HA) as needed
- Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls using AnyConnect for client VPN access; implement high availability (HA) as needed; ensure connectivity to backend authentication services; ensure secure configuration for remote network & network resource access
- Design & maintain out-of-band (OOB) management network using TrippLite serial consoles, iDRAC and other technologies to ensure secure & available management of network devices
- Working with STCR personnel, participate in design & specification of Private IP (PIP) and Internet circuits to support systems
location: Lorton, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $66.47 - 76.47 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Ensure high availability of Network Time Protocol (NTP) across all networks to ensure consistent & accurate time is available to all servers & network devices.
- Work within configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Cisco (10 years of experience is required)
- Network Engineer
- Juniper (10 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.