job summary: Description : Job Title
: Senior System Administration Number of Positions
: 1 Job Location
: Lorton, VA Job Description
- This position is for a Senior System Administration on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
- This customer unit is responsible for providing field communications support to their field agents, officers and investigators worldwide.
- This position will provide expert level system administration services to manage and maintain the equipment, networks and web applications that support the field communications systems deployed by our customer.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- The candidate will be subject matter expert skilled in Windows Server 2012 R2 and later, CentOS 7 and later, BigFix patch management, Active Directory, Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Internet Information Services (IIS), OpenSSL, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter Server, Windows 10, secure network architectures, hardware procurement/maintenance, system/network management tools, and backup solutions.
- This position requires working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
- Learn a new Government system, and become the single Subject Matter Expert for all systems issues.
- Independently and collaborate with senior system administrator to provide operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; support the system as the SME on the team, requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
o Dell PowerEdge R940 servers & iDRAC
o VMWare vSphere & VMWare vCenter Server
o Windows Server 2012 R2 & later
o CentOS 7 & later
o BigFix Patch Management; deploy patches & fixlets from BigFix to endpoint servers & clients; ensure latest patches are being downloaded; develop maintenance windows to ensure minimal downtime when applying patches, ensure patches are tested prior to being deployed to operational servers & clients
o Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS); ensure that domain controller certificates remain current, CRLs are updated, certificates are revoked as needed
o Internet Information Services (IIS); ensure that web services are available for certificate authority information access (AIA) and other services as required
- Quickly, effectively and independently resolve complex systems and software-related issues associated with a mission-critical government system Required Qualifications:
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert on various operating systems (windows server, CentOS), patch Must- Haves (Hard Skills)
skilled in Windows Server 2012 R2 and later, CentOS 7 and later, BigFix patch management, Active Directory, Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Internet Information Services (IIS), OpenSSL, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter Server, Windows 10, secure network architectures, hardware procurement/maintenance, system/network management tools, and backup solutions Must- Haves (Soft Skills)
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Personable and articulate
Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 8+ years of operating systems experience.
location: Lorton, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $52.93 - 62.93 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop solutions to technical issues on complex software and systems
- Develop, configure Monitor & maintain Active Directory (AD) structure to ensure high availability and data consistency for AD objects, users, groups & organizational units; ensure AD is available for various authentication services used by users and/or equipment
- Develop standard guideline on configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.