job summary: Senior Product Content Designer needed for contract role with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA. Passionate about simplifying technology? Same.
You're a seriously seasoned, Product Content Designer who loves creating deceptively simple software-the kinds of experiences that feel efficient, effortless, and rewarding because you've sweated every detail and distilled every concept down to its purest, simplest form. You know the power of great information hierarchy, clear terminology, and navigation-and can speak to how carefully crafted UX flows can transform the customer journey from confusing to intuitively easy. Informing and evolving that journey with insights from research and data is second nature to you. Yes, you know and love the cloud
While you love simple, your skillset is anything but. You're a Content Design expert-you've likely led product design efforts, managed or mentored Content Designers and UX or UI design teams, and built apps from scratch as part of an interdisciplinary team in cloud, business, enterprise, or developer spaces. With a diverse skillset and loads of experience, you trust your methodology without a lot of second guessing or hand holding. You collaborate with all your partners (up/down/across) and are adept at influencing using loads of optimism, a hunger for feedback, a retractable ego, and an open mind. Dropdown or radio buttons? UI text or tooltip?
Your communications chops are interaction specific. If you're thinking about words, you're also envisioning the interface element that will make the best choice seem most obvious. You understand the concept of drilling down, reducing friction, and offering bits of guidance right when-and only when-it's needed. You know the value of using and contributing to AI experience guidelines, UI toolkits, patterns, and style guides to keep product teams aligned so all experience content stays consistent, cohesive, and intentional. Wordsmith? Oh please-You're a bedrock product and content strategist
Sure, you know that clear communication starts with language-and you can articulate anything, no matter how complex. But we're not about just adding language to a visual design-?we're on a mission, and you're leading it! Your questions and critical thinking help to clarify goals so the entire design team can build an end-to-end experience as well as individual features and task flows that balance power and ease of use. All about you
This sounds a lot like your LinkedIn profile ...
Cross-functional, full-stack product design teams
- You have 10+ years of hands-on experience in experience design backed up by skills that extend to brand strategy, content strategy, marketing copywriting, digital/social/SEO, and the like-whether in-house, agency, or consulting.
- Your excellence in product content design and strategy gets your apps noticed and appreciated. Your level of mastery shows in your playbook of uniquely honed tools, approaches, and solutions that will raise the bar for the Content Design discipline.
- Well beyond copywriting or surface-level UX writing, you're a product and Content Design expert with proven software experience-not just websites, integrated digital marketing, or documentation and learning roles.
- You're fluent in design and prototyping tools-Figma, Sketch, or similar-and interaction flows are a regular output of your solutions.
- You're a mentor and a leader who believes sharing knowledge where appropriate strengthens all design roles, not just the ones within your discipline.
- You embrace research and data-it's second nature to collaborate with User Researchers and present customer-based, data-informed rationale for your ideas.
- You're innately curious. About design, about the customer landscape-you fuel your imagination with things big and small, so you can apply what you know to solve new problems.
- Communication skills that extend to your relationships. You know building relationships both within and beyond your team is key for driving impact-oriented collaboration-and ultimately making a difference for customers.
- A growth mindset-there's always more to learn. Confidence and humility can coexist. You're quick to own mistakes (we all make them) and willing to reconsider and explore ideas.
You'll be part of a product design team, studio, and organization that believes in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas and people, work/life balance, and the sheer joy of solving hard problems. We're nurturing a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish, learn, and innovate-even through the most challenging times.
To deliver great product design, Content Designers apply their core design skills of content strategy, information architecture, interaction design fundamentals, and digital communication. You'll collaboratively design and shape the entire user journey-making every step in the customer's workflow easy to understand and championing brand voice principles: crisp and clear, warm and approachable, and ready to lend a hand. Best of all? Unlike some roles, our Content Designers work across their products from start to finish across strategy > structure > surface in partnership with cross-functional teammates-interaction designers, user researchers, data scientists, prototypers, producers, studio manager-to land the most efficient and effective user experience. What to expect from this role
As the first and Senior Content Designer for this product studio, you'll report directly to the Director of Content Design and contribute as part of their extended leadership team. At this level, you're a domain expert for product content design and will be called upon as a leader in the studio. You're an independent contributor with next-level skills and experience who can up-level other roles in their design thinking, skills, tooling, and practice.
location: REDMOND, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $56 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Contributing to a coherent vision and experience strategy for multiple products or a family of products.
- Aligning business, brand, naming, messaging, and design strategies using your expertise across the broad domain of customer communications inside or outside.
- You'll plan, craft, and refine messaging and content, UX flows, and in-product language-testing, validating, and adapting for the next iteration. Some wins will be fast, and others may feel like they take forever to land.
- People will seek you out for answers on our brand voice, content style standards, terminology, common UI copy patterns, feature naming, and more.
- You'll innovate-finding opportunities to elevate people's perceptions through new products, features, or executions.
- You'll focus on short-term product solutions with an eye toward longer-term portfolio-level strategies to maximize business impact. Meaning you can envision how the everyday work of interpreting, implementing, and iterating aligned to our design system and style standards makes it possible to integrate capabilities from various products companywide.
- Working to invent the future of product and Content Design, whether that's in tooling or automation opportunities for the discipline or strategic approaches to emerging spaces like machine learning and AI.
- You actually like the business side of things. You can drive resource and budget management for your studio's Content Design team: scoping projects, making the case for FTE and vendor headcount, prioritizing opportunities for impact and allocating available capacity, facilitating team members' relationships with engineering partners. And as we grow, you're up for managing direct reports across a design studio or business unit, and have the network to attract, coach, and grow top talent.
- Your growth and success will be passionately supported. You'll know that your manager and your team deeply value your contributions, celebrate wins, put people first, and full partnership and ongoing collaboration are the norm.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Content Development
- Content Management
- Content Development
- Content Management
- Content Development
- UX Writer (6 years of experience is required)
- In-App/In-Product UX Writing (3 years of experience is required)
- Writing for UI Content (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.