A growing and industry leading advertising company located in Irvine, CA is seeking a qualified Security Engineer who will ensure the clients internal applications and infrastructure are designed with the highest security standards in mind. The Security Engineer will be tasked with improving security of the company's infrastructure, protecting against security threats including intrusions, malware, system-level breaches, unauthorized access, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information.
location: IRVINE, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats
- Be able to lead software vulnerability triage engagements
- Be able to lead security architecture review engagements
- Work with Networking, DevOps, SRE and Corp IT teams to ensure relevant secure technology and practice are in place and being appropriately managed
- Audit and drive system update/patch levels.
- Develop and oversee security monitoring for Production, QA, Development & Corporate IT systems to create a deep understanding of trends, anomalies and incidents
- Work with Compliance team to design and manage comprehensive internal and cloud application monitoring
- Lead Architecture and Planning for security efforts
- Work with Product teams to ensure product offerings comply with security policies/standards and industry requirements.
- Work with developers to ensure applications meet security requirements.
- Prioritize using a risk-based approach
- Perform as part of our Crisis Management team
- Sophisticated view of the current threat landscapes including Botnets, Physical Security, Exploits, Hacktivism and Nation State Actors
- Deep Experience as a Security Engineer in an effective Security Program
- Experience in developing Security policies a must
- Linux systems administration experience required (familiarity with all popular distributions)
- Understanding of Networking Protocols and devices
- Experience with code scanning tools as well as software SDLC
- An understanding of architectural or security architecture principles
- Understanding and experience of cloud computing concepts and cloud security principle
- A deep understanding of Cyber Security and Information Security principles
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security objective frameworks and standards
- Ability to balance and communicate options
- Experience with coding, scripting, modern development (Go Lang, Java, Python) languages and databases practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for working being part of a world-class security effort
- Public company experience highly desirable
- Experience with High-volume consumer websites
- Familiar with user data privacy regulatory requirements
- Experience hiring and managing security engineers
- Experience protecting Public Companies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SECURITY ENGINEER (5 years of experience is required)
- Application Development
- Application Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.