The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing multiple accounting functions in the areas of investments, grants, payroll, and cash. The Senior Accountant will be an active participant in the annual audit of the areas noted above including the preparation of the audited financial statements and audit schedules and tax return preparation work.
location: Hillsborough, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Upload and reconcile the monthly investment transaction file from the custodian to the general ledger, prepare journal entries as needed, and ensure investment portfolio is accurately reported;
- Set up new investment manager accounts in the accounting system;
- Liaison with the Foundation's Investments team and custodian;
- Responsible for year end and annual audit schedules and reports including the audited financial statements and related footnote disclosures;
- Preparation of the investment related tax return schedules and support.
- Record the grant approvals and grant payouts in the general ledger;
- Reconcile the grant liability and expense accounts monthly; liaison with Grants Management to ensure fully reconciled;
- Process grant payments via ACH;
- Prepare the audit related grant present value adjustments and related footnote disclosures.
- Reconcile the foundations' custodian, operating and payroll bank accounts;
- Prepare monthly cash projection necessary for the foundation's spending requirements;
- Process wire payments, transfers and deposits;
- Prepare the quarterly actual versus budget cash spend schedule for the foundation.
- Prepare the annual cash operating/grant budget including the details by month for the foundation's Cash Spending Report.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required;
- 3+ years accounting work experience in the areas noted above, specifically investments accounting experience; audit experience a plus;
- Advanced proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to take initiative, solid decision making and issue resolution skills;
- strong organizational skills including file maintenance and work paper documentation;
- Manage special projects and handle several priorities simultaneously;
- Self-motivated team player who can work collaboratively and positively with employees at all levels;
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.