job summary: Must have:
Scrum certification, experience working with tech teams and product owners; tech background and finance background, agile experience Primary responsibilities for the individual in this role will be:
- Responsible for facilitating the scrum process on scrum teams with cross-functional impacts that involve moderately complex project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- 4 + years of experience as a scrum master
- 4+ years of practical Agile experience (e.g. Product Owner, Business Analyst, Developer on a scrum team, Project Manager, or Business System Consultant working directly with scrum teams)
- 1+ year of experience as a practicing Scrum Master
'- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 7+ years of Big Data experience
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
location: Chandler, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $52.22 - 54.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for managing and evolving Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity. Facilitates the scrum process on scrum teams with significant cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or maintenance work. Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint. Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity , optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance. Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers. Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met. Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards. Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects. Completion of some work may depend on non-agile work teams. Facilitates Scrum of Scrums. May train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced team members. Drives Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization. Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s). Partners with Product Owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team(s) and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness. Identifies skills & competencies of scrum team members & makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Scrum Master
- Agile Methodology
- Financial Service
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.