Are you a Network Engineer looking for a new opportunity? We have a great full time position available with an enterprise client of ours in San Antonio, TX.
If you meet the following qualifications/ background please apply!
- Eight years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience in network engineering, design, implementation and support of large scale LAN and WANs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Local Area Networks and Access Networks to include:
- Advanced level experience with multiple routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, iBGP, OSPF
- Advanced knowledge of network LAN redundancy. Designing and supporting highly redundant networks using HSRP or CSM and multiple layers of redundancy including logical and physical configurations.
- Advanced level knowledge in LAN protocol management to include address management and network protocols(IP, IPX, AppleTalk, and other miscellaneous protocols
- Experience with one or more of the following models is desired:
- Cisco routers/switches including the following series: 1800, 2600, 2800, 2900, 3500, 3600, 3700, 3800, 6500, Nexus series, 7200, 7500, and 7600 series.
- Cisco Firewalls (PIX and ASA)and Cisco VPN Concentrators
- Cisco/Avaya Voice over IP Networks (VOIP)
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms:
- Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
- Cisco CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA, CCVP, CCSP, or CISSP
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Systems integration, design and tier III technical support for network systems and technology platforms.
- Day to day activities include network provisioning, performance tuning, adding networks, scripting for automating of tasks, assigning ports, error tracking, data movement, software configurations, product evaluation, and addressing interoperability issues.
- The position also works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for network technologies, providing training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Plans and coordinates the future state of the networks for information management.
- Designs network solutions that meet the information system vision and strategy of the organization; plans, prioritizes, and manages projects, service requests, and routine assignments.
- Analyzes network configurations for critical corporate resources; evaluates changes and additions for proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to integration, operations, cost, resource requirements, and maintenance; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of the network; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc. and prevents unplanned disruptions of critical systems.
- Integrates network components, subsystems, and facilities into the existing technical environment; assesses network systems availability, bandwidth, and throughput; installs, configures, and verifies the operation of network components; maintains or improves integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; leads or participates as team member in cross-system projects.
- Designs, implements, and oversees a proactive process to collect and report data and statistics on the internetworking environment; ensures the systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the organization; ensures they are kept at most current stable version/release using vendor-supplied updates and patches; performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates; coordinates vendor support and ensures relationship is never jeopardized; monitors performance of all assigned systems, responds to reports of slow or erratic performance; control of all aspects of the network; provides training to IM associates and clients as needed
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in internetworking technologies including but not limited to vendor certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Network Engineer
- Data Center Network
- Cisco Firewalls
- Netscaler (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Enterprise Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.