job summary: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Effective Communicator
2. Business Architecture
3. Strategic Business/Technology View
4. Railroad, Travel, and/or Hospitality experience
5. Strategic Platforms
Works on programs that may span a broad range of systems. Requires expertise in multiple technology domains and possesses an increased level of business knowledge. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Provides multiple recommendations for the solutions.
- Evaluates existing applications and platform and provides recommendations for system enhancements by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications. Participates on teams that outline the process and scope out the improvements that can be realized through the application solution.
- Provides technical leadership coaching and mentoring to team members. Provides technical guidance or system process expertise. Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or business management - or equivalent work experience.
- 10 to 12 years of relevant technical experience in a leadership or a Subject Matter Expert capacity.
- Extensive experience programming and/or systems analysis experience. Have a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Extensive experience in design, development and operation of internet scale web applications leveraging IaaS / PaaS / SaaS delivery models.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and in a flexible environment.
- understanding of Service Oriented Architecture tenets, and N tier architecture deployments models when it comes to deploying against cloud-based platforms.
- Must have leadership skills, experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes including ability to measure short- and long-term business goals.
- Must possess the ability to utilize adaptable communication skills to effectively translate between technical and business language.
- Must possess the skill to educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology.
- Ability to identify, propose and oversee the execution of business solutions as well as interpret documents communicating business needs and requirements.
- Must possess the skill to assess the client needs through direct interaction and identify opportunities to develop the business through effective use of technology.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $152,000 - 157,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Technology Director Architecture is an expert in working with business and technology leaders to develop architecture viewpoints and lead adoption of those architectures. The position entails understanding the strategic goals of IT and business leadership and developing a set of strategies, blueprints, and roadmaps that guide IT and Business investments to solve business problems.
Daily duties will include working with the Senior Director of Architecture to establish priorities, working with service owners to understand business priorities, and solution architects to ensure their work is consistent with the overall priorities of IT and Amtrak.
- Experience level: Executive
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
- IT Project Manager
- Architecture (10 years of experience is preferred)
- Business Management (8 years of experience is preferred)
- Integration Services
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.