Our client, a groundbreaking market-leading platform for multilingual video meetings, is seeking a remote Lead Engineer to join their team and own one or more applications. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and make a true difference in the global communications space.
Minimum of 10 years of demonstrable software development experience in a production environment developing customer-facing applications with any Ruby-based framework such as Sinatra or Rails.
In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming and software design patterns.
Solid understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL.
Solid understanding of job queueing and/or message broker systems like Sidekiq, RabbitMQ.
Understanding and adhering to agile software development.
Flexible with hours to coordinate with other team members across the globe.
Excellent communication: clarity, language, and writing.
Being a team player with excellent manners and personality.
Comfortable working remotely and using video conferencing.
MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
We appreciate giving back to the community and as such any open-source contribution will receive some extra attention.
Prior experience with ElasticSearch or MongoDB.
Flexible with hours to coordinate with other team members across the globe
Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Being a team player with excellent manners and personality
Comfortable working remotely and using video conferencing
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $165,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Technology ownership of at least one application or service.
- Proactively drive design discussions for the key components in the system.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager for the effective division of work among the team members.
- Mentor the development team on a continuous basis.
- Be responsible for our engineering culture and software development standards.
- Write reliable, testable, and maintainable code that improves the overall efficiency of the codebase.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Ruby (8 years of experience is required)
- Sinatra (4 years of experience is preferred)
- Rails (4 years of experience is preferred)
- MySQL (3 years of experience is preferred)
- PostgreSQL (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Sidekiq (3 years of experience is preferred)
- RabbitMQ (3 years of experience is preferred)
- ElasticSearch (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.