job summary: Our client in Central New Jersey has a permanent opening for an experience Network Engineer.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Network Infrastructure and related systems. Candidate will be supporting remote locations in a hands on operational and design position.
Experience in an enterprise environment preferred.
location: Woodbridge, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform 1st, 2nd, 3rd level support for WIFI, corporate LAN, and WAN Infrastructure
- Troubleshoot intricate network and systems issues spanning all layers of network topology
- Assist with network related user performance and connectivity issues
- Monitor service management system to ensure operational issues are being managed
- Communicate with managers and peers within the Technology Operations, Server Group, Desktop Support, Information Security and Audit groups
- Occasional travel to corporate regional offices as required
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP packet analysis with Wireshark or other tools
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and configuring, and supporting Cisco switches, IOS, IOS XE and NXOS.
- Next Generation Firewall experience (Palo Alto, Fortinet, SonicWall, Other).
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and configuring, and supporting Cisco routers including working with one or more dynamic routing protocols E.G. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Implement and maintain Enterprise Network Management tools ( Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, other )
- Exposure or experience with Network Load Balancing - E.G. F5 or other ADC
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems with attention to detail.
- Team player with exceptional work ethic
- Flexibility with weekend and evening hours required for scheduled upgrades and non-scheduled off-hours support
- Highly motivated individual with a genuine passion to learn and master new technologies
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, business critical situations (24/7)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactively recommend projects based on monitoring, prior expertise, hardware knowledge
- Enterprise Network Experience a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Network Engineer
- Network Design
- Design Engineer
- NETWORK ADMIN
- Wide Area
- Local Area
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.