Our client, a groundbreaking market-leading platform for multilingual virtual meetings, is seeking a remote Senior Engineer to join their team and perfect the art of crafting software by writing outstanding code to solve real-life problems while collaborating and mentoring alongside other world-class engineers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and make a true difference in the global communications technology space.
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrable software development experience in a production environment developing customer-facing applications with any Ruby-based framework such as Sinatra or Rails.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Solid understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Prior experience with job queueing and/or message broker systems like Sidekiq, RabbitMQ.
- Understanding and adhering to agile software development.
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms.
- Flexible with hours to coordinate with other team members across the globe.
- Excellent communication: clarity, language, and writing.
- Being a team player with excellent manners and personality.
- Comfortable working remotely and using video conferencing.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $165,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Write reliable, testable, and maintainable code that improves the overall efficiency of the codebase.
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team on a continuous basis.
- Contribute to the various architectural and design discussions.
- Be an active contributor to the code review process.
- Help to uphold our engineering culture and software development standards.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Ruby (3 years of experience is required)
- Sinatra (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Rails (3 years of experience is preferred)
- PostgreSQL (3 years of experience is preferred)
- MySQL (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Sidekiq (3 years of experience is preferred)
- RabbitMQ (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.