Responsibilities (What you'll be doing)
We are looking for an Associate Test Engineer who will be involved with the testing of new technologies. In this position you will work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems and make routine recommendations. If you thrive in a collaborative, continuous learning environment while working on industry leading technology, we want to hear from you!
Must Have Qualifications (What we need to see):
- You hold a Technical Certificate, or AS degree, or military technical training experience, or equivalent vocational training in a technical discipline.
- You are dedicated and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment is required.
- You are able to work extended hours, including weekends.
- You are able to work day shift swing shift or night shift
- Hands on experience using Oscilloscopes and DVM analysis tools and equipment is preferred.
- You are able to use and manipulate a variety of fine adjustment hand tools, torque wrenches and calipers.
- You are able to stand, sit, bend, and periodically lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- You work effectively across different functional teams in different locations.
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral interpersonal skills in English.
- You demonstrate excellent organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization.
- A demonstrated ability to work with little or no instruction on routine work, and with general instructions on new assignments.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of related experience is strongly preferred.
- You have prior hands-on experience testing digital and/or analog components and systems.
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to read and comprehend complicated drawings, mathematics, and handbook formulas, and use a variety of testing and measuring instruments.
- You have experience with systems development and testing, including formulating system level requirements, test specifications and test results.
- A willingness to learn, collaborate effectively within and across teams, and strive for continuous improvement.
- LabView, Linux and MS Office suite software knowledge is a plus.
- You have hands-on experience in electrical and optomechanical systems level testing, troubleshooting and repair.
Must be local to Milpitas and be onsite 100% during COVID.
Must be flexible - some OT may be required.
location: MILPITAS, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20.31 - 25.31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Determine and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Test and troubleshoot assemblies and/or final systems, and complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Perform ongoing daily work with minimal instruction, and with general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- working up to 8 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.