Greetings from Randstad Technologies!!!
Please give me a quick call or email back if you are interested. My number is 617-704-4021
Role: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
Duration : Contract
Specialized Skill Areas:
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Up to date understanding of threat vectors, attacker methodology and how they tie into the cyber kill chain or ATT&CK framework.
- Digital Forensics
- SIEM Exposure
- Incident response triage
- Malware reverse engineering
- Threat hunting
location: Boulder, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $1 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, its bureaus, and/or DOC management
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with DOC users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes
- Helps improve the overall security posture by independently verifying the security of enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code to identify, contain, eradicate, and ensure recovery from incidents
- Features of the candidate/job:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Able to work 24x7 shifts
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors
- Experience level:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.