job summary: Description:
Client is seeking a Cyber Security SOC Analyst Tier I FEATURES OF THE CANDIDATE/JOB:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- 24x7 operations (so 8 or 12 hour rotating shift schedule) so able to support day + night shift, holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance
- Tier 1: 1-3 years of experience with cyber operations.
- Basic understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors.
CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification Desired Qualifications:
- Security or relevant IT technology certification
- Typically requires BS degree and 0 - 3 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Fully adjudicated Top Secret
location: Morgantown, West Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC. This includes proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cyber security status and reports to enable timely decision-making for 24/7 operations.
- Operate with direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs as well as NOAA and Commerce procedures.
- Perform investigative functions involving strong network engineering or Security+-type skills (note: Security+ is not required but is very helpful cert)
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and technology implementations/advancement. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- SECURITY ANALYST
- SOC Analyst
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.