job summary: Description:
Client is seeking a Cyber Security SOC Analyst Tier II BASIC Qualifications:
- Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Top Secret acceptable).
- SOC TIER 2: 3+ years experience within specific security disciplines (ie forensics, email security, monitoring + detection, mobility, etc.)
- In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- In depth understanding of operational requirements and impacts of working within a FISMA High System.
- CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification.
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
location: Morgantown, West Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC.
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 analysts.
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Defining protocols and maturing 'playbooks' of operational response to cyber threats
- Working within the playbooks as defined
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1 Analysts
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- SOC Analyst
- SECURITY ANALYST
- Cyber security
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.