job summary: Job Summary:
We are looking for an experienced web developer proficient in PHP and MySQL responsible for working with a diverse team across multiple projects for building and maintaining web applications in a fast paced environment. The primary responsibilities will involve designing and developing features in CLIENT, maintaining web properties, and coordinating with the team on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. Applicants will need drive to develop and maintain the website and other web applications to meet business needs and achieve goals around improving public health outcomes for Arizonans. Responsible for maintaining and improving enterprise level applications using best practices and reusable modular designs; proactively identifying and solving complex technical problems. Job Duties:
- Translate application mockups, and use cases into functional applications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Implement custom modules and update our intranet and public websites.
- Collaborate with other developers using a code repositories and version control, such as Git-lab and Jenkins deploy code
- Develop on the LAMP stack using modern, object-oriented PHP
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, ORM, and RESTful, Jquery, and Nodejs
- Current: 4+ Years developing on web and mobile technologies
- Experience with Wordpress, Drupal codebase
- Skill for writing reusable PHP libraries
- Code discipline with clean, readable code
- Using and creating APIs including REST and SOAP
- Familiarity with Version Control in both Git and web-based repositories (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing frameworks and unit tests
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns and continuous integration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and trusted to consider pitfalls before they occur.
- Full stack developer with capability to follow through on a project from conception to completion.
- Quickly learn and develop using new programming languages, platforms and APIs.
- Awareness of security vulnerabilities and safeguards.
- Familiarity with agile methods and scrum
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Creates deliverables according to SDLC, prepares technical documentation, unit tests, and user guides.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.